1. M. Phil / Ph.D
- Commonwealth Vocational University (CVU), Tonga offers research programmes for the award of the degree of Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.). The programme is offered in recognition of research in the various areas recognized by the various faculties or academic departments of the university.
- The degree of M. Phil and Ph. D. is awarded to a registered research scholar by the University in recognition of independent research of high academic standard which makes original contribution to the body of knowledge in the various academic disciplines.
- Interdisciplinary research for the award of Ph.D. degree is also encouraged by the University.
- The Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) and Doctoral research programs are expected to promote productivity, creativity and suggest newer areas for further research. The rules and regulations for the M.Phil and Ph.D. programme of the Commonwealth Vocational University (CVU) are approved by the Academic council and the Senate on 1st September, 2014.
- The rules and regulations for M.Phil and Ph.D. programme of the Commonwealth Vocational University (CVU) came in force from the academic year 2014-16 and are applicable to all admissions from the academic year 2014-16 onwards.
- The rules and regulations shall be applicable to the M.Phil and Ph.D. programme offered by the University in the various faculties such as Arts, Humanities, Commerce, Science, Management, Fine Arts, Physical Education, Information Technology, Education, Law, Social Sciences, Oriental Languages, Informatics, Astrology, Yogic Science and in such other faculties as may be notified in future.